The Louisiana Bar Foundation exists to preserve, honor, and improve our system of justice by funding, developing or otherwise promoting efforts which enhance the legal profession, increase public understanding of the legal system and advance the reality of equal justice under the law.
- Assure every person in Louisiana reasonable access to the justice system regardless of mental or physical condition, economic status, or type of legal problem.
- Identify, acquire, preserve, enhance and exhibit documents, items, photographs, and other types of media items of significant historical interest to the Louisiana legal community and to the general public.
- Promote public awareness and understanding of the legal system and its goals, as well as the rights and obligations of all parties involved.
- Raise the ethical and professional standards of the lawyers who operate the legal system.
- Establish and administer endowment funds, Interest on Lawyers' Trust Account funds, and other funds which can provide significant impact in fulfilling the goals of the Louisiana Bar Foundation.
- Support and enhance legal education in Louisiana.
- Improve the efficiency of the justice system while protecting the right to a full and fair procedure.